Monday

STILL WAITING FOR REPLACEMENT NEATO XV-11

10-27-2010
NEATO ROBOTICS CUSTOMER SERVICE IS SO EXCELLENT.  LET'S HOPE THIS ISN'T HOW CUSTOMERS WITH OLDER MACHINES WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH THEM IN THE FUTURE


The long promised replacement Neato XV-11 has still not come.  I will call Neato Robotics and see what they say this time.  This is the third time that they have promised to send one and I won't be surprised if this is the third time when I inquire they say it is a battery issue.  My guess is that they submit a replacement order and someone reviews it and keeps rejecting request.  I think that it is important to get your customer service person to do something to alter their notes or this cycle will just keep repeating.

To review my problem-the battery life seems fine, but the problem is getting the Neato to go to the charger and, when there, required ever more effort to manually find a spot that would start charge.

Having said that, a curious thing happened.  My Neato sat there totally dead for a week and, while still not going to the charger, now connects and feeds easily when manually moved.  That still doesn't make it a working unit, but it is functional again.  I wonder if I had set the panel for "new battery" if I could have gotten some resolution.

I think what I learned here is that after 6 mos and/or 3 exchanges if Neato doesn't start making warranty claims more difficult.  I have the 2 year extended warranty and can only imagine what it will be like after a year or 2.   Anyone with any experience here please comment and share your experience with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment