Wednesday

2-14-2012 Arrival of Neato #3 - The Test

     I programmed Neato #3 to turn on at 5 pm and then forgot about it.  I was sitting in the living room when it went by efficiently doing it's job.  I put down my project, got a cup of coffee and sat down to watch.  The Neato did its' methodical work of picking up debris and inhaling dust bunnies with a ruthless intensity.  In ten minutes it went into another room and I went back to my project, all the time waiting to hear the Neato's little chirp of distress - signaling its' inability to navigate, that its' right or left wheel was"stuck in debris"or an RPS (room positioning system) error - meaning it is lost.  But none of these things happened.  Neato #3 seemed to have evolved.  I swear it moves a little quickr, navigates around things a little better and when it was finished, docks faster.  Also, it makes some diagonal moves I don't remember seeing before and seems to have clean using smarter grid patterns. Neato #3 came with the latest software update (2.6) and I believe this is what I am seeing.

     Neat #3 did a perfect job and did it quickly.   So I scheduled it to clean the downstairs again in two hours, trying to tempt fate.  Now, I know two cleanings, an excellent robot vacuum does not make, but once again it did an excellent job.  Just like they call a hundred lawyers at the bottom of the sea, this is a  good start.

    I am going to schedule Neato #3 to clean at 5:30 am every day for the next two weeks to see how it holds up.  For now, I am impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment