Saturday

Update on Neato XV-11 #3

August 20, 2012
 Pretty sure the     Neato took inspiration from the neural net patterns from these two … just guessing, of course.
 David Bowie
Major Tom
Though I'm past one hundred thousand miles, I'm feeling very still And I think my spaceship knows which way to go Tell my wife I love her very much, she knows Ground control to major Tom, your circuits dead, there's something wrong Can you hear me, major Tom? Can you hear me, major Tom? Can you hear me, major Tom? Can you... Here am I sitting in my tin can far above the Moon Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing I can do Anyways….back to Neato #3
I have been waiting until I had something good to post.  But Neato #3 has been close to perfect.
   However, nothing is perfect There have been a few recent issues:
      *Lately,  even though it docks, the Neato fails to make a good contact with charger-causing the battery to run    low enough that it needs to be reset.  
Oddly, the daily run schedule remains intact.        -At first cleaning the charging and Neato contacts helped, but now i need to manually move the Neato around to make contact.
I am contacting Neato and will let you know next post what they say.

While this is concerning, I run it every morning and it always does a great job.  I occasionally check it's brush and empty the dirt bin daily and that it it. The first two Neato's were flawed from the first day and soon failed completely, but not this one.  I wonder if the company fixed production flaws or just gave me a good one because they saw I had a blog.   Whatever, this thing just works.  I would like feedback from others on their experience.  I am especially interested in hearing from owners in Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment