Wednesday

Mystery of the Partial Neato Charge

1-19-2013    XV-15 CLEANS WELL, BUT IN SHORT GULPS

I had high hopes of moving on to something else when Neato #4 came my way.  And, it did have a promising start, but now is making it hard for me to send back Neato #3.  Neato #3 cleaned great, just would not dock and recharge.  When I  plugged it in manually, #3 took a full charge and it would play nice.  I could clean the first floor of my house twice on one charge.  Now it's replacement cleans well, too.  They upgraded me from my Neato XV-11 to  a XV- 15.  It is actually the same machine, only has a few replacement parts included.  The problem with this one is that it will start a scheduled run, with what it says is a full battery charge, and then, five minutes latter come back to the dock, almost out of juice.  After an hour, it will resume cleaning and finish the first floor (only 700 ft2) or may require a third charge to finish.  I thought this might be a battery problem, but switched batteries and it made no difference. That means, instead of one charge on the Neato #3 being able to do my house twice,  Neato#4 needs three charges to do my house once. Has anyone else experienced this?  I have a call into Neato and hope they can solve it.


"What a world, what a world!" - wicked witch in the Wizard of Oz



This is getting a little discouraging.  I need Reverend Al to help Neato #4 to recharge it's battery.

No comments:

Post a Comment