Tuesday

NEATO #4 ARRIVES

1-8-2012       
Neato #3 Welcomes His Sucessor Neato #4

It has happened.  The box was on my door step and Neato #4 had arrived to replace it's brave predecessor. Neato sent me a brand new Neato  XV-15 to replace the, temporarily in short supply Neato XV-11.  Besides the midnight blue color, it is exactly the same machine.

This event came after several back and forth conversations about whether my problem was a battery issue.  I finally bought a battery, and it was not a battery issue - it was a charger issue.  The springs on the silver induction charger rails had failed and the charger strip no longer pushed out from the frame.  They were like the sunken eye of your lizard after it had died.  In retrospect, I could have determined that the battery was still good by opening the charger up and using the manual plug to recharge with.  Oh well, too late, too smart.

I am not to embarrassed to say that  I got so excited that the US Mail lady, my pet and I danced in celebration when opening the Neato box.


I now have this new machine which is operating admirably, so far.  I will keep  you posted. The quality of the Neato's seem to keep getting better.  It is a young company and appears to be learning from its mistakes.  The one mistake it hasn't made, so far, is bad customer service.  You always get to talk to a person, and usually a very nice person.

No comments:

Post a Comment