Monday

NEW UPDATE ON NEATO WON'T CHARGE

12-30-2012
NEATO PROMISES REPLACEMENT FOR BAD CHARGER

I talked to NEATO yesterday(12-29-12) about my problem with the charger unit.

 To recap: I have had a problem where my NEATO XV-11 would dock but not charge.   NEATO kept saying they would sent me  a replacement unit, but it was always cancelled by a technician saying I needed a new battery.  I ended up paying for a new battery and it didn't help.  I discovered that the problem was really in the charger.  Two small springs that push the bottom strip rail out had failed.  As a result the strip has not been making contact with the NEATO.

I called NEATO again and explained.  I thought they might send out a new charger but they said I would be getting a new NEATO unit.  The XV-11s are back ordered, so they offered me an XV-14.  The XV-14 is exactly the same except blue.  (see blog pages for complete info Model differences)  I will be happy if this replacement actually comes, although I wish I had my $60 back for the replacement they had me buy.

If any of you have similar charger problems, give NEATO a call.  I think they will send out a replacement charger.                                         
                                                                               Enough Robot Vacuum Stuff-Best of Red Dwarf
  • Neato Customer Support
  • 8100 Jarvis Avenue, Suite 100
  • Newark, CA 94560
  • 1-877-29-NEATO
  • 1-877-296-3286
  • 1-408-848-1063 (outside U.S.)

No comments:

Post a Comment